Head to the dollar store and pick up a collection of wine glasses, a box of sugar, and a few kitschy holiday figurines - or even plastic ornaments - for making these easy holiday dioramas. And if you've got a young friend or relative, you can even make one together with a plastic bottle with really cute (and safe!) results. The finished decorations look lovely adorning your holiday table or mantel topped with dollar-store candles.
What You'll Need:
- Wine glasses in various sizes
- Hot glue gun
- Small plastic trees, figurines, or ornaments
- Superfine silver glitter (optional)
- Ribbon or string
- Create the base for the dioramas by placing the glasses upside down on cardboard and tracing around the outside edge. To make one for your young friend, cut a clear plastic bottle in half, and use the bottom end just like the wine glass. Cut out the rounds.
- Fire up your hot glue gun, and start arranging any small figurines or decorations. You can even pop in a few glittering plastic animals for a sparkling diorama.
- Once the glue has dried, place the wine glass or bottom of the plastic bottle over the base to make sure everything fits. Now...