Ready to trade in your old iPhone for the new one? Before you do, take a look at this checklist to make sure you've deleted all important data from your iPhone. Don't leave anything behind!
- Back up your iPhone.
- Remove photos from Camera Roll. Connect the device to your computer and open Image Capture or iPhoto. Select all photos and then click Import All. In iPhoto, choose to "delete photos from your iPhone" after importing. In Image Capture, if the "Delete Items After Downloading" option no longer appears, try this: turn off "Photos" in iCloud on your Mac and iPhone, then restart both devices, and you should see the delete button.
- Turn iMessage off. Open the Settings app > Messages > iMessage > switch to off.
- Turn FaceTime off. Open the Settings app > FaceTime > switch to off.
- Disable your iCloud account. Open the Settings app > iCloud > tap "Sign Out."
- Log out of Apple ID. Open the Settings app >App and iTunes Stores > tap Apple ID and sign out.
- Restore to factory settings. Open the Settings app > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Unregister your device at supportprofile.apple.com.
- Call your carrier and ask them to disassociate the device from your...