After seeing a few bloggers post about this “secret club”, I decided I wanted to see what this whole thing was about. Luckily, it was still taking new members and something that was really fun to do! It was excited to get the email about which blog I would get to cook from and see what I would like to do my take on!
I was assigned to the blog, Every Little Thing. One thing that I learned about Stacy and
I decided to make the Crust Topped Tilapia from her blog but have definitely added my own spin to it. I showed my husband the recipe this morning and off his brain went. He recently had a special at the restaurant of tilapia so he wanted to re-create a fish dish that had been on special as well as take from Stacy's tilapia recipe. I know a lot of people aren't fish eaters but fish is something that everyone in our family will eat and is generally inexpensive.
Asiago Encrusted Tilapiarecipe adapted from on Every Little Thing
- 4 filets, tilapia (or other white fish)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 1/4 fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with the non-stick cooking spray.
2) Place the fish, skin side up on baking sheet and season with half of the salt and pepper. Turn over and repeat.
4) Combine bread crumbs, asiago cheese, and parsley in a mixing bowl.
5) Add melted butter to bread crumb mixture and combine until moistened.
6) Divide bread crumb mixture evenly over tilapia.
7) Add lemon juice and wine to pan and place in oven at 350 degrees. (This will help the the fish to keep moisture the chef says!)
8) Bake for 8 to 10 minutes till fish starts to flake.
P.S. I have to say that this was something even Mr. Picky, Cam ate and Cole ate 2 servings!