While I love to bake, baking when it is 100 degrees outside is just not my idea of fun. However, sometimes life just calls for a cupcake. I was looking through Pinterest when I saw these Pina Colada cupcakes. I'm really trying to actually make some things that I see on here versus just looking and starting at them.
I loved how easy these are and for my work friends they only have 3 Weight Watchers points! I decided not to make an icing but to just top the cupakes with Low fat whipped topping (cool whip) and to toast the coconut. I don't know how I have gone through life without toasted coconut but it is seriously one of my new favorite things.
Pina Colada Cupcakes recipe adapted from this recipe on Skinny Taste
- 1 box yellow cake mix (your choice of brand, I used Pillsbury)
- 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 container of whipped topping
- coconut or toasted coconut for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners if desired.
- Mix together the cake mix and pineapple with the juice. The mixture will be thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool before topping with whipped topping.
- Top with coconut if desired.
This is linked to Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam and Cupcake Tuesday at Hoosier Homemade